Whilst living in Australia, a question I often get asked is “where should I go shopping, when I’m in London”.
I love shopping in London, especially at this time of the year leading up to Christmas. Everybody has their favourite shops and shopping areas in london, but here are the first places I go to when I get home and spend my first day shopping.
I catch the train into London Victoria from Lingfield, then the tube to Oxford Circus (Victoria Line). As you come up the steps at Oxford Circus your first view is Topshop, Nike Town and H&M. If you are going at this time of the year, you will also see the fabulous Christmas lights down Oxford Street and Regent Street.
So here is my list of the first shops I go to when I attained back in London:
- Topshop at Oxford Circus
- Marks and Spencer on Oxford Street
- Nike Town at Oxford Circus – “four floors of pure Nike heaven” as my husband describes it!
- All Saints on Regent Street
- H & M – one of the several to choose from around Oxford Circus
- Hackett – to get something for my husband and my little boy
- Liberty – no trip to London is complete without a trip to this gorgeous store
- Carnaby Street
- Timberland, Burberry and Tommy Hilfiger on Regent Street
- Abercrombie & Fitch and Abercrombie Kids on Saville Row
Then you are only a few steps away from New Bond Street and more Burberry, Ralph Lauren, and of course Chanel (which unlike the Chanel stores in Sydney, has a never ending range of bags, shoes, etc). You are then not far from Selfridges back on Oxford Street.
There are so many places to shop and eat when in London, from Sloan Street and Kings Road to Westfield at White City. Lunch on my first day back home is always from Marks and Spencer or from Pret-a-Manger (it’s the little things you miss when living overseas!).
I would love to hear your favorites too, whether you are living in London or somewhere else around the world.
Have a great final week before Christmas.
Abbey x x x